View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Having read through that post, I gather that by changing my calibre save template from "{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{title}/{authors} - {title}" to "{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{title}" would make a considerable difference.
Your original template has the title and authors included twice in the pathname, that is even longer than Calibre's default template, so it should help a lot to only include them once.

If you used only the surname of the first author that could save even more space, especially if you have lots of books with multiple authors. You could do that by replacing {author_sort} with {author_sort:list_item(0,\,)} in the template.

Quote:
Alternatively, if I erase my books from the main memory, and load them on to and SD card using calibre ("{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{title}/{authors} - {title}"), then there would be effectively no limit to the number of books that would display their cover correctly.
I think that is correct, at least for the current 2.5.2 or previous 2.4.0 and earlier firmware (not sure about 2.5.0/2.5.1). But it would mean that once you ran out of directory space, any new books would have their covers generated from the first page of the book each time they are needed, which would slow down browsing of your library listings, use more battery power, and the covers would not look as good as the ones sent by Calibre (covers that were not 3:4 would be shown with white bars at the edges).
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote