View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Well Robert B. Parker is one of my all time faves.
I read Jesse Stone and Sunny Randall but for me it is all about Spenser.
Spenser is an original and Jesse Stone seems almost like a Dave Robichaux knock off with Sunny Randall a tad reminiscent of Stuart Woods.

Reading is like beauty, all in the eyes of the beholder.
I think Spenser met Susan in one of the first 3 books but was indiscrimanantely 'knocking off' whatever hit his fancy for maybe the next 15 or twenty. With various justifications of course.

More interesting to me was the character developement of Hawk, Quirke, Vince et. al. Perhaps because I am a woman and am interested in the male perspective on male bonding.

I also like his western series, Wyatt Earp, Virgil Cole etc.
Totally different in some ways but that same dry men must be men style that made him an icon.

Sad day for me when I read his obit

Helen
That was a sad day for me too Helen, and I'll miss him for a long, long time! Good to know that you like his westerns - haven't gotten to them yet.
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote