View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
What Percent are You at in Your Current jetBook Read?

I just thought it would be a fun exercise to see what percentage everyone is at in there current jetBook read.

Since it's my thread, I'll go first. I'm at 4.73%. Hey, I just started! I'm hoping to get to at least 31.05% by the end of the day. That way I'll only have 68.95% to go! How easy was that to calculate!

I'm SO glad the folks at Ectaco decided to add this percentage feature to the status bar. I don't know how I ever managed without it. Page numbers never did ANYTHING for me, aside from telling me what page I was on.

But as we all know, our jetBook needs more pages than are in a normal book. So even after turning a page, the page number doesn't always change. This was always SO frustrating to me, making definite progress but not having it show in any tangible way!

Oh I know what you are thinking. The progress bar down the right side of the screen, right? But it's so lame! It only gives a visual indication of the progress you have made. The new percentage reading tells me exactly, to the HUNDRETH!

Why this thread itself couldn't even continue without it. I mean how would you answer, "ABOUT half way", "AROUND a third finished", "ALMOST done"?

To my knowledge, NO other ebook reader on the market has this feature. I wonder why?

Please vote in the poll.

Last edited by galavanter; 10-29-2009 at 05:48 PM.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote