Thread: Biased books
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 AM   #25
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I wrote that if you publish a specific edition were the text exactly corresponds to that edition then you should keep the title. I know that people here seems to mix versions when they do an ebook version but I think that is a not optimal thing since that new version cannot be referred to. And if a new version is made by combining several versions of the book then it should have a publishing date or contain information that reflects that.

Unfortunately it seems that Gutenberg does not contain information about what version the text is based on but if a book is proofed against a specific version then I think it should be stated what version it is based on.
We use mixed versions because that is the way PG is working. Most of the texts here on MR are taken from PG because it is the biggest and, as far as the proofing is concerned, most reliable online source.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote