View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
Athropos
Connoisseur
Athropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blueAthropos can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I completely reject the argument that it "isn't something the reader should be changing"
If something is keeping me from reading the story, either I'm going to change that thing, or I'm not going to read it. In my opinion, if an author feels that their vision of how the text should look is more important than the message of the text, then they don't deserve to have their story read.
Sometimes a small part of the text has to be formatted in a certain way because it's something different from the rest (e.g., a quote, a thought, a note, a dream). That's why these parts are using a different layout and it "isn't something the reader should be changing".

It's something wrong when the whole book is forcing a layout because the creator of the book did not understand that not everyone is using the same font/font size/line spacing...
Athropos is offline   Reply With Quote