Thread: Kobo or PRS300?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
roebeet
Connoisseur
roebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 4 Basic, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
I agree. The 6" vs 5" is diagonal, so you actually get about 40% more reading space which should improve the experience a lot. Also, the expandable memory is a plus. But, given the same price, why not consider the nook wifi? I know he doesn't care about dictionary, touchscreen, wifi, mp3 playback; but you don't have to use these extra functions if you don't want to. If it's same price, I don't mind having more functions handy even if I am not using all of them at the moment.
The Nook is extremely heavy - for the OP's needs, I wouldn't even consider it.

I am a very happy PRS-300 owner. With that said, I would probably get the Kobo if I was in the OP's shoes. Reasons:

- Light! The most important reason.
- Good screen, from the little I tested it.
- 6 inch screen. The larger size is not a hindrance if you plan to carry it in a backpack vs. a pocket.
- More internal memory, and expandable memory slot.
- Technically cheaper than the SONY, assuming you buy them new and get the Borders Bucks offer.

Probably the only negatives I see with the Kobo are the lack of accessories (which will decrease over time, I'm sure), the "new" factor with bugs and firmware updates (again, that will decrease over time). Also, the formats supported vs the SONY. But, that's what Calibre is for. :-)
roebeet is offline   Reply With Quote