View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 10:37 AM   #15
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
I did process the images. My first attempt had the iLiad scale the images down. My second attempt had me scale the images - that improved things, but not enough.

I can't use your method because I do not use Microsoft products. I do not believe that your method would greatly improve anything anyway. You cannot scale only the picture portions of a graphic - leaving the text larger. If the resulting graphic has 3 point (for example) text and that is too small for me to comfortably read, there's nothing that can be done to fix that.

The only other option would be to not scale the graphic smaller - but that would mean that the "page" would span more than 1 iLiad screen. Not much of an improvement.

Well, I believe there is a python version of rasterfarian too.
But to show you the result of my method, here's a couple pictures I made from my reader. With the smallest fonts I could find. I believe that these fonts are at least 7 if not 8.

Megatokyo which you said are too small to read.

A sample of nausicaa, which has the smallest font for manga I've seen.

And an A4-sized comicstrip which has been processed with my method for the reader:

Could be only me, but they're quite well readable to me, even on the 20% smaller screen on the Sony reader. The Iliad have a larger screen, therefor should be even more readable.

Maybe you can take a pic of yours result so I can see what you're talking about? Not trying to proof anything, just wanted to help.

Thing is, with my program I resize and optimize the pictures already, and then it gets vectorized into a PDF which gets rasterized by rasterfarian. This produces high-contrast sharp images. If I just resize my pics to the reader's resolution, they become blurry too.

//looks like photobucket resizes the pictures itself... will go and upload the real-size pics somewhere when I got the time...

Uploaded the pics here if you want to see the fullsize images: http://kmfstudio.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=62

Last edited by athlonkmf; 06-17-2007 at 04:10 PM.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote