Thread: HP Touchpad?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Funnily enough, I was thinking of Hulu when I made that comment. Even with my TouchPad overclocked (which shouldn't really matter with hardware acceleration), Hulu wasn't really all that usable for me. I seem to recall the screen turning upside down every time I tried to watch a video fullscreen using the web browser and I didn't find any patches to fix it at the time. Admittedly, the latest firmware released was 3.0.2 when I last used my TouchPad. Not sure if the later updates or perhaps homebrew patches fixed the issues.

I love the cards and multi-tasking on webOS. However, the sluggishness even after overclocking, glitchy rendering on the web browser and lack of apps (or lack of features in apps) quickly made me lose interest in webOS. To me, it feels like CM9 alpha2 at 1.2GHz runs much smoother than webOS 3.0.2 did at 1.8GHz.
3.02?? Oh dear. We have had 3.05 for months now. I really don't have any sluggishness in WebOS with a few of the patches installed and I only overclock Android. Hulu runs without a hitch. In Android I tried several different browsers (ICS+, Dolphin HD, Maxthron, stock) and I have yet to finish watching even a 25 minute program without having to restart the show at least twice (force close errors or the program just stops and never restarts). And Dolphin HD doesn't work for full screen at all, most of the others crash often when trying to switch.

Other sites, admittedly do work a lot better.

Last edited by HansTWN; 03-09-2012 at 10:47 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote