View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #402
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey C View Post
So I have a question following on from the above. I bought my father a Nook Simple Touch for Xmas from the US. I live in the US but he lives in the UK. He registered the Nook successfully but initially registered with the US B&N website, obviously he doesn't have a US billing address so he was unable to buy books. Today he unregistered the Nook and registered successfully with the UK Nook site but it still won't let him buy books (he was trying to buy books from the UK Nook site). Any advice would be appreciated as he is now planning on sending me the Nook back to me tomorrow and really want to resolve this issue. Many thanks in anticipation.
I don't know for the UK (should be the same though).
But my situation:
Bought the Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD and Nook HD+ from the US.
Live in Germany and have a German credit card.
All Nooks are registered to B&N US.
I have to use VPN, to simulate a US IP address.
Then I can buy on the B&N website, even though I'm using a German credit card. I've linked it to a US billing address though. IN my case, the US subsidiary of my employer.
I haven't found a way to use VPN on the Nook itself, so I'm buying via the B&N website.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote