View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0). It arrived on Wednesday (6/13). It was $249. I couldn't find one locally; the tax would have been around $18. Amazon had it for $249 as well, with next-day shipping for ~$16, but no tax. Just an interesting factoid.

It did not come with an epub reader but before it came I stumbled across and downloaded the apk (program) for the free version of Aldiko (I can't find that site now, drat). I put that on the micro SD card and installed it easily onto the Tab. It works fine. The Tab came with a PDF reader and players for mp3, mp4 (video) and flv (flash video), and jpgs. It does everything I need it to, which is good as I don't have wi-fi at home (our apartment complex club house has it though). It seems that a high percentage of the apps that came with the Tab are wi-fi oriented (google play market, netflix, etc), but I gathered the most used apps in a file on my home page and that makes it easier to find them.

Note: this is the first Android product I've ever used, so if you're new to it, search around the internet for tips and tricks. The Samsung site offered a free download of the big user manual, and many sites talk about Android in forum formats.

I think for plain old reading though I'll stick to my Ectaco JBL
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote