View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #56
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Well, to level up (or get allies), lots of bucks are required. In early levels, I sold any core resources (not everyone is allowed to so, it seems random which you can and can't), but after a few levels, you need energy more than anything else (energy needs = population* level). Since bucks/cycle = asset production + (population * level), more people = more bucks (but more food and much more energy required). Bliss I ignore, since buying stuff raises it and if it is much higher than needed, you just have to pay more to get rid of whacks. Keep a bit of surplus, just to take any bliss hits in case your energy is too low for a cycle (otherwise, just keep adding energy -- at level six, it's all I spend surges on now, while I wait for enough cash to level up). Had I had a strategy earlier, my population would be higher and I'd be growing levels much faster (not that I ever hope to hit the levels of some early alpha players).

I'm almost to the point that it costs as much to join an alliance as go up a level - with the doubling cost/ally, I may never make it to twenty... although, I am getting close.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote