View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
vitalichka
Enthusiast
vitalichka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Question Working with ZIP/RAR/TAR Archives

Hello everyone, I am back with yet another question.
Here goes and I have read previous posts and answers to gain an answer but still am not very clear. So I ask here.

I have a large eBook library, mainly in PDF unfortunately, however the vast majority of this collection is in separate ZIP and RAR files. These are all legal downloads from my schools BBA program I am a part of, all files are licensed scans and licensed originals provided by either others schools or by authors, etc, etc but the issue is I had to download them from a single location and because there were so many books, most of them are in RAR/ZIP, all separately. Most of these books when unzipped are either PDF or HTML files, some are RTF or DOC.

What I have done is downloaded the files, and extracted them (this took for ever to be done right) however now I have several duplicates and so I ran Easy Duplicate Finder - Trial but the issue is that the software removes files correctly but because there are so many files, it goes into each of the directories and looks at removing specific files, at which point I am left with some files in some directories and others in other directories which breaks the flow of HTML files and generally makes a mess with the rest of the files.

Well I am wondering if Calibre can work with Archives such as ZIP/RAR/TAR. I know it has opened some archives for me when I import HTML files but now I want to reload all the files back onto my HD and have Calibre reindex everything without having to again uncompress everything because it takes for ever to put everything in the right folder under project and author, etc, etc.

I hope this has been clear, I hope someone can help me out with this and if something isn't making sense, please let me know.

Thanks and I look forward to your responses.
vitalichka is offline   Reply With Quote