View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #15
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I agree with what others have said here... e-ink isn't the greatest for Bible study. It is a bit difficult to move around in the text. I bought an NIV for mine, and it used hyperlinks, which were so slow it locked up every time I used it. My netbook works great though, so when I want to read electronically, I use that. The best device I've had for Bible study would be my old Palm T/X. I bought Quickverse for it. I was able to jump around very easily, look up the commentary on any verse, take notes, highlight... it pretty much did everything it looks like you're looking for. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore, and as far as I know, the only way to get a Palm is as a phone. There might be other options though... do they still make pocket pc's? Something like that might work. I'd say you'll probably either want something with a touch screen, or a netbook. Oh, my Mom has an ipod, and she likes that pretty well to read her Bible. It would be a lot cheaper than an ipad, and more easily portable.

Good luck with your research, and decision! You'll have to let us know what you decide on!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote