View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #270
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Well, there are _lots_ of PATA controller drivers you didn't enable... (CONFIG_PATA_*) And the PATA_LEGACY is also disabled. Since the times of libata, that ought to be the main difference between PATA and SATA paths.
Whoops. If you say so - well, you're most probably right .*

I tend to get lost in "make menuconfig", because it seems like everything depends on everything else, 5 menu levels away... and I started from the vanilla kernel configuration.

So yeah, any help is really welcome. I *guess* that the only part which needs tweaking is really CD-ROM support - should be "support everything". All the rest is just candy, but I want to keep it as small as possible (except for the required stuff like squashfs etc.)

So if anybody with more experience could post a "recommended" configuration, I'd be more than grateful.

(*)Hmmm... IIRC, the kernel configuration itself said to "disable in favor of the new libata (or so)" - should I still enable it?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote