View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #45
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Note that I said the petition was "part" of a successful campaign not the only element. I also said that SOPA is out " at least for now" but that does not negate the success of the petition or the twitter campaign or the phone calls to representative or any other way the people made their displeasure known.

Your made a general statement about petitions not working, I provided some indications that they have worked. You didn't provide any qualifiers as to why petitions don't work in your original statement and your "two important differences" don't take away from the success of the petition (in my opinion).

And you seemed to have missed the last sentence of my post.
The one example you provided was a poor example. Find me an example where change happened with only an online petition and some outraged blogs/tweets and no actual action taken.

And Google already is giving developers time to migrate. They've got a little over 3 months, which is years in internet time.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote