View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
Primarily using Calibre for downloading news recipes. Have had great success tweaking the actual recipes themselves, but a couple question about the engine in general.

1) Can I stop the cover.jpg and metadata.opf from being created for each recipe? I see that there are options in "Saving books to disk" under preferences that would seem to do just this, but it looks like they are ignored for News downloads.
You have some answers related to the library and the linux server. I'm not sure if they answer everything, but if it's not clear, you can get recipe-created ebooks using the command line tools and you have great flexibility there. When working in the GUI, you must let Calibre do its job. From the command line, you can do what you want, but the books won't be in the library (unless you add them).

Quote:
2) Is there a way to stop calibre from creating a subdirectory for each downloaded news recipe?
Command line - as above
Quote:
3) What is the logic behind the naming convention for the creation of the filenames? It seems to be all of the map. For instance, I have "USA Today - calibre.epub", "Slate (complete) - calibre.epub", "Wired Daily Edition [2011Jun17 0641] - calibre.epub", "The Economist [Fri, 17 Jun 2011] - calibre.epub" The latter format seems to be the most common. I would like to fine-tune the filenames if possible... ("yymmdd-USA Today" for example).
Command line tools - "ebook-convert" using a recipe file to specify the book and command line options for name, directory, etc.

Quote:
4) Moot point if the subdirectory creation can be suppressed, but there seems to be a running counter in the subdirectory name: "The Economist [Fri, 17 Jun 2011] (507)". Where is the counter stored? Also, is there a way to get this added to the front instead of the end (which would make it more useful for sorting).
The id (counter) applies only to the library.

See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news...ng-new-recipes

Last edited by Starson17; 06-21-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote