View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #24
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
Talking Let's have a round of replies!

ALCON ... er, Hello All.

I thought I'd try and catch up on y'all's (LOOK AT THAT!! A two part Southern contraction!) replies so far in my thread. I'll try and be as short and succinct as I can and at the same time answer you as thoroughly as I can.

@cjottawa Thank you for your input. I do appreciate your time in posted it. I've got to say, however, I am just OCD enough to HAVE to have the kind of structure I put forth in my first post.

@supermighty I'm glad that the Kindle is working for you. I most certainly know I am. It sure beats carrying around a briefcase full of books!

@magicmonster Thank you for sharing your organization.

@Josieb1 I thought about creating additional collections by author and by title but discovered I can do that with the Kindle. HOORAY! I find it interesting that people have Read and Unread collections. I can see where it would make sense especially when you need to keep track of what you read and what you've not. Hmmm... I guess I could just remove it from my Kindle once I've read it and makr the filename read before I put it back on my archivial storage...

@ProfCrash Quite an interesting post you've made. Thanks for sharing your categories. I am SO looking forward to being able to nest collections. THEN my OCD can really go wild! ;-)

@emalvick Hmmm... You say that Cailbre allows tagging of your books into genres? Are the genre types built into the application or do you define the tags / genres themselves? I must look into Calibre's features.

@Dandy55 Hmmm... Are you referring to just having a collection structure up on the Kindle store or having the Kindle store hose all of your ebooks and collection structure? Personally, I like retaining control over my collections and books.

@Jeremy$ I really enjoyed your post and the comments concerning columns. It isn't something I've thought about before but certainly will mull it over now. I tend you use my Kindle as a secondary repository for my ebooks and only move them off to my permanent archive when I've read them and want to keep them.

@zoran and @ProfCrash what wesleyer said.

@niceboy What a wonderful and thorough explanation of a directory tree! I'm quite impressed with your explanatory knowledge. Thank you for sharing this with the readers! This is exactly the way I will organize my collections once the Kindle offers nesting of collections.

Thanks to all for your comments and I look forward to our continued dialogue.

Regards,

Vandy
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote