View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #29
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
4 hours of updates?! WOW. I would have exploded by then. That's why I love OS X, the combo updates are really well thought out.
Yes, that's one of the things I appreciate about OSX also. I run an XP VM under VirtualBox (for those Windows apps that don't run in WINE) and there is always a few updates waiting for me.

Those 4 hours involved a year's worth of updates. Including a completely new version of Office RT. I'm looking forward to 8.1 for RT that will not only include additional optimization for the RT, new features, but the addition of Outlook to the Office suite.

My short experience with Surface RT has been a painful reminder of how woefully lacking in function productivity office apps are on iOS. iOS is part of the Cupertino Reality Distortion Bubble... things look far rosier on the inside of the bubble than out.

I tried an experiment a few weeks ago to see if I could create a full video, including whiteboard animations using solely the iPad4. Not only was it a challenge to get my microphone to work with it, but something as simple as getting iMovie to use a video clip that is NOT in the camera roll is technically impossible.

Last edited by WillysJeepMan; 09-12-2013 at 08:43 AM.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote