View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I'm sorry I took so long to reply.

I am running Lion (10.7), so right in between your Mountain Lion (10.8) and Snow Leopard (10.6) and I've never experienced any problems with Kobo Desktop. Come to think of it however, I don't think I've ever actually used it! It doesn't really add anything extra. In fact, I cleaned up my Mac yesterday and uninstalled the desktop app. I use the Kobobooks.com or the read.kobobooks.com if I really want to see my kepubs on my computer, but for the rest I sync my Touch and Glo via Wifi.

If you really want to use the Desktop app, I'd respond to kobo stating you've already reinstalled.

How exactly did you uninstall the Desktop app before you reinstalled it? Did you just throw the app in the trash? In that case you could go through all the Library folders to get rid of anything to do with the Desktop app. It might have a corrupted helper file or something. Check application support and preferences. Alternatively, you could use a program such as MacKeeper (not free, but very thorough) or FreeMacSoft (free, slightly less thorough).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote