View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
That may be so. And obviously IS given that evidence.

but on my device that is what happens. Over and over. Don't make me break it again to prove it ;( I didn't just create that rogue bin on my own. and I did install your files at least twice. I noted the fancy progress text

(err, and those diags sshd upstart entries were yours, No?)

So impossible, No, odd, yes.

something somewhere must be doing something unexpected. That's as specific as I am going to get. but it's real. B011 device.
OK, then so be it

Can you try to *manually* overwrite the diags partition using the commands (and the file) from the update.bin, and check if it keeps happening afterwards? (or... even better: compare the md5sums of the diags partition "before" and "after") ?

I have always been suspicious of whether the update.bin *really* worked the way that it should (it goes through just a bit too fast for my personal taste, so *maybe* it's actually not doing what it should do.) - then again, it always worked correctly on my device, and geekmaster confirmed that it worked smoothly on "demo K5 devices"...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote