View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Skeuomorphism: Apple gets design patent for virtual page turns

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...turning-pages/

Quote:
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office this week granted a rather noteworthy design patent for the digital equivalent of the page turn (PDF), that time-honored tradition of flipping pages while looking through a book, a magazine, or other stack of bound paper.
I approve of this patent.
I hope they never license it.
I hope they sue anybody that tries to do virtual page turns in a reading app in any way, shape or form.

That would be because I *abhor* skeuomorphic pretend-paper in all its forms.
And now (hopefully) Apple will have it all to themselves.

eBooks have been around more than long enough that wasting resources and breaking immersion with unnecessary "artistic touches", as if ebooks were imitation pbooks instead of a narrative distilled to its essence; words before your eyes.

(For the record, I prefer my reading app be totally devoid of progress bars, page numbers, everything. Just words on a screen...)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote