View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #72
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denbeau View Post
Pls forgive a newbie question (this is my 1st post); I followed Jefftheworld's advice on rooting my Kobo Vox, and then tried to follow the instructions on removing apps. I downloaded and installed ConnectBot and BusyBox (in that order); everything seemed to work as intended. However, when I now run ConnectBot and select 'local' (from a pulldown), I get the display:
Connecting to null:22 via local
failure: Local shell is unavailable on this phone

Any ideas? ... thanks
I had that error originally too. It had to do with the wrong version of busybox being installed or busybox not being installed properly. Reinstalling and choosing a different version fixed it.

That being said, unless you are a masochist, I would suggest using es file explorer in root mode to rename/delete apps. Much easier than typing in the horrible connectbot window.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote