View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #174
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
There seems to be no agency pricing in the Kobo US store anymore. So many terrific books by Canadian authors are not available as ebooks in the US. Eventually some of them seem to get there. In the meantime, having big pricing differences harms the Canadian community of authors, editors, publishers, etc. Nothing magic happened in the Canadian store as a result of the US lawsuit.

I very much want to read Joseph Boyden's new book, The Orenda. It is $16.99 CAD and not available as an ebook in the US. My choice is to borrow it from the library rather than purchase it. Why would I spend that much money on an ebook when I can get 50% off until the end of the month on pretty much any book the US store sells?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote