View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #21268
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We just received an invitation to attend a formal tea ceremony in Kyoto being presented by one of the cities foremost Cha-do masters! There will just be the Master, my wife, and me attending in this tiny tea ceremonial house behind his garden. While I really can't stand the taste of the tea used for Cha-no-yu, the ceremony itself is nothing short of magnificent even when performed by a good student. To be invited to attend one given by a Master is like getting front row center seats at the Opera House in Vienna when Pavarotti sings...

Do you think he'd be offended if I asked him to use Lipton tea bags?

Stitchawl
That's OK, we'll be offended quite enough to cover it for him. As Profcrash says, I'm insanely jealous. What a wonderful opportunity, and I hope you'll share it with us after.

I drank quite a bit of sencha last night, as I went to dinner at my favourite sushi restaurant. Where I ate way too much, actually, as Manubo-san got a bit carried away. I think he was trying to make up for my having not been there in 8 weeks, all at once.

Today, more Keemun Xian Zhen in the morning, followed by Song Zhong Dan Chong in the afternoon.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote