View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post

Do those of you who re-buy books in e-version that you read in paper consider these 'already read' for the purpose of things like rating them at Fictionwise or tagging them in Calibre? It feels dishonest a little to rate a book at Fictionwise when I have not read the book I bought. But I did read the story when I had the p-book and I know what rating I would give it.

I am starting to wonder if I am being too much of a stickler about this. Between new books I have bought which are not read yet, library books, public domain books I want to read, freebies from elsewhere etc. I have plenty else to read right now. Having a dozen or so things on my 'to read/rate/review' list which I have technically read already (even if not in ebook form) is maybe counter-productive at this point.

If you've read a book, what difference would it make if it is in paper format or e-book format?

You've read the book, period.

So I would say "yes" , you can, and should, rate it.

Now............when you get around to re-reading it, and you find your opinion has changed, you can always go back and change your tag.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote