View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #12
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It is, in essense. The books are an SF "parallel" to C.S. Forester's "Hornblower" books - Honor Harrington's career (H.H. = Horiatio Hornblower!) is pretty much analogous (at least in the early books of the series) to Hornblower's.
This is good to know. I've been a fan of David Drake's "Daniel Leary" and "Hammer's Slammers" series for years because of the way he uses historical battles, naval/military procedures and events to tell these stories. I'm also a big fan of Horatio. I'm going to check out this series next when I'm ready for more sci-fi.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote