View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #643
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonatus View Post
This is from my home computer - my firewall does not block outgoing traffic, I am not using any proxies to access the internet, nor is there any kind of other filtering involved in my outgoing traffic.
The goodreads page can be opened in (multiple) browser(s) without issues, from mine and other computers in the network.
@neonatus - have you tried the following
  1. Disable firewall, disable AV, check router settings for any anomalies and then run calibre and do a quick test - does this PI work?
  2. Put a goodreads url into one of the Manage Authors->Author Link properties, and put a goodreads url into a comment - try to open the pages by clicking on them in Book Details - do they work?

Also paste those URL's onto your desktop - do they work from there ?
  3. Adjust metadata download settings to be Goodreads only, now do a metadata download on a book you know is on Goodreads - does it work ?

Those tests should be enable you to isolate the underlying cause of your problem - maybe you could post the results and your conclusions here.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote