View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I just happended to buy a book for my Kindle this morning. Reinventing Gravity by John W. Moffat. It's a non-fiction book that explains gravity by modifying Newton's Second Law and thus doesn't require the existence of dark matter or dark energy to account for our observations of the universe. Oh yeah, I too am a geek.

That sounds interesting. I'm not all on board for the dark stuff. Someone posted in another thread that they don't read fantasy because the simple fix to any problem is magic. I sort of get the idea that dark stuff is becoming the catch-all for anything unexplainable in physics. A cheat, so to speak, instead of trying to figure out why the original non-dark phenomenon is not working.

But of course, I'm just a simple layperson, so my opinion is only just that, an opinon. I think that book you mentioned sounds interesting.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote