View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
mamawe
mamawe began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
While it's great to see this being done, have you tried to read this on an actual eReader?
Actually I did try it on the Pocketbook 360° (it wouldn't even break the lines, so I had to choose the smallest font), on an 10' Android tablet with CoolReader (this is OK) and FBReader (here the ASCII-Images collapes) and with the Epubreader-Addon for Firefox (this is also OK).

Quote:
I was expecting to see more of an actual conversion to a real, reflowable, ePub rather than what I can only describe as a textual PDF version.
This would mean using another source for the HTML-File (for instance https://pretty-rfc.herokuapp.com/) or generating the HTML by myself from the TXT version.

The version from Pretty-RFC would flow nicely (except the ASCII-Images) but I would probably have to sort out copyright issues. Apart from that it does not have the page information that is maintained between TXT and PDF. I would like to retain the original page breaks and make them work in the EPUB, so that these three formats are more similar.

Generating the HTML from the TXT version would mean that I could have more options for the formatting but would also mean a lot of more work.

Quote:
I also hope the plans are not to upload ALL RFCs as separate documents; they will drown out other material in the ePub library.
That is certainly not my plan. First I try to generate useful single RFC EPUBs and later make collections of RFCs to certain themes, trying to make the hyperlinks between the embedded RFCs working. All ot these on demand.
mamawe is offline   Reply With Quote