View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #171
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sregener View Post
I think the key phrase there was "in 1955."

I would stop at the information desk at the library and ask for help. Librarians that I've met are generally knowledgeable about books and information, and are experts in finding what you're looking for. Sure, you might not find your answer to that question, but I'm willing to bet that a librarian would have been willing to spend the time to help you. A key source for those of us without a Noreen in our lives...
I don't know about 1955, but in 1975 people would commonly call the reference desk (from home) with questions like that...and if you were in the library, you would always see a reference librarian on the phone with someone, answering a question. You didn't get a wikipedia length answer, of course - but if you wanted to know when the battle of Jena was fought and who won, they would tell you that over the phone.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote