View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatparthi View Post
Hi Geeks,

Think i,m totally new to this EBook Domain. I'm Quite familiar with epub format. so i have created Separate html files in chapterwise for e pub format. and i do have .opf and .ncx file. now i want to create the same book in .mobi format for my kindle 2.
let me explain the scenario:
1. i have some 20 html files (for a single PDF Book).
2. opf and .ncx (compatible for .epub format).

now what are all the steps i need to follow the get these files in .mobi format. i'm totally dummy (novice) at this point, step by step guidance will be appreciable. thanks.

P.S: i heard more about calibre and mobiperl while surfing this forum.. and i'm quite confused. take i dont want to use calibre as it is too easy for this process...i want to create everything on my own....will any one help me....
for your kind info: i do have some nice grasping power..and also some programming knowledge.

PS1: In the same time i want to include Audio/Video files.. in mobi format books.. i want to know the .opf media type and all.....ill be thankful...thanks in advance.
If you want that level of control, use Kindlegen. It will take ePubs and ePub source as input, and will do some conversion of CSS to Mobipocket formatting.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote