View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #14
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
I used Calibre to manage my sideloaded books with my original Kobo but haven't used it at all with my Kobo Touch because of the "Factory reset" problems that some people have reported.
That is looking to me like it is more of a problem with behavior of new operating systems and filesystems, as much as Calibre. The problem seems to be that the Kobo is unplugged from a PC before all files have been closed on the Kobo's flash drive.

For people using Linux I know that this is more likely to be a problem now because the new filesystem (ext4) does not guarantee that all data is written to disk within 5 seconds like ext3 did.

I don't use Windows 7, but I wonder if the same is similar there.

It will be great to hear if a strict practice of ensure a clean unmount of the Kobo fixes this problem.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote