View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
I have both and I do use both, but I prefer the Kindle. I have read the complaints about how easy it is to turn the page accidentally with Kindle, but my own feelings are exactly the opposite. I read my Kindle in its cover, and I find it very comfortable to hold the cover and whap the page-turn button with my hand or finger when I need to. I can move my hand around and still reach the button.

With the Sony, the button is quite small. Add that to the small page size (which means I am turning the page quite often) and I get cramped hands from having to keep my hand in exactly the right position to hit that tiny button every few seconds.

Sony could, I think, solve this problem very nicely by offering a USB remote control...plug it into the USB port on the reader and have bigger buttons to avoid the hand-cramping problem. Until/unless they do that, I think the Kindle is more comfortable for long reading sessions.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote