View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #472
sheygetz
Connoisseur
sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.

Device: KPW G2 , 10" tablet
Thank you eschwartz.
I seem to have an odd problem with my testing this on a separate column. (All the deleting/ copying to the PW for test runs gets a little tedious.)

I set up this column appropriately named "Test" and try the {tags} bit. That produces an exact copy of my tags column, i.e. it is comma separated. Would that go down well on the actual reader? Wouldn't it get messed up by the comma?

If I test the other bit , {author_sort}: {title} , this produces mixed and very odd results, I get
"Pausch, Randy: The Last Lecture"
which is fine, but also
"Paul: Starman: David Bowie, Trynka"
which isn't because Trynka is the authos's LN.
Also
"Adams, Douglas: The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide"
but then
"Alan: The Line of Beauty, Hollinghurst"

So, some entries are correct, most are not, but come out "FN: title, LN". I haven't been able to find a pattern in this. But it gets weirder still: I then found out by chance, that instead of right-click column head, add-your-own-columns etc. I can edit the template directly by clicking on it twice. And editing one entry changes it for all of the books.

Now, if I double-click the Hollinghurst example it shows the correct "template value" in the edit window, i.e. "Hollinghurst, Alan: The Line of Beauty". Again: The Edit Template window has the value right, but on closing it, the actual columns shows the wrong value as given above.

I don't get this, has anyone else encountered this at all?
sheygetz is offline   Reply With Quote