View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
pdfmanipulate-split and merge, why deleted pages come back?

Hi,

I have a pdf file which has two pages per one pdf page. I use freeware papercrop software to re-arrange it to one page per one pdf page; however, the output file also has some blank pages in several places (papercrop did automate the crop, and some margins are also cropped and included in the output file).

In order to get rid of all those blank pages, I have to split the pdf (output from papercrop) file into several files, by pdfmanipulate split command line, by excluding those blank pages. I then use pdfmanipulate merge to merge those selected pages into one file. To my surprise, this is what I found:

1. the output file from pdfmanipulate merge is twice bigger than the output from papercrop (should it be smaller due to excluding those blank pages?).
2. all the blank pages come back into the merge file, in the same places in the document.

I'm not sure what I may did wrong.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote