View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by richieadler View Post
I should add to the Skydog report: I have the same symptoms, with a clean Sigil install. I was never able to open a Code View; I get a grayed client area without edit fields. The toolbar buttons are also grayed.

Utterly bizarre.

BTW you haven't mention your OS. Both platform and version.

The toolbar buttons should become grayed out when you switch to Code View, that's by design. But you should definitely see the editing widget.

But let's try something new. Try deleting the registry keys for Sigil. I'm assuming your using Windows.
  1. First close Sigil.
  2. Go to Start Menu->Run, type in "regedit", press enter.
  3. Look for the folder called "Strahinja Markovic" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete it (it could be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software). The whole folder and everything in it.
  4. Restart your machine.
  5. Launch Sigil. Maybe it will work now.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote