View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatSnoozes View Post
Basically I think Adobe is ruining my week.

I'm Running off a PC (XP) with latest software updates.
Kobo software is uptodate, Calibre ditto

Installed Adobe Digital Editions after picking up some books at good prices from Books On Board.

Note 2: I keep getting 'delayed write failed' messages - I'm assuming this is related somehow?

Or is it a case of factory reset the kobo as well, and lead everything back onto it through calibre only? Or Calibre for non-DRM books, and digital editions for DRM stuff?

If this all sounds n00bish it is because I am a n00b as far as eReaders go, and frankly a very NOT HAPPy one at this point!
Note 2 is indeed critical. I have been through similar trials with Calibre and the same error message which resulted in an inability to copy books across. With the help of davidfor https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=124358 we tracked down the problem to old hardware. Try using a different USB port and changing settings on your computer for the Kobo - there is a setting there that optimizes for speed or need to safely disconnect. Change that one...
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote