View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #172
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
I'd really appreciate some input from owners of the lighted K3 cover:

Still seeking a workable alternative to PW for reading in the dark, I got the lighted cover for my Kindle Keyboard from Amazon after reading glowing reviews here and on Amazon, specifically that it lights the whole page, and not just the corner.

The cover just arrived I'm really shocked at how it truly does not provide enough light across the page to read in the dark, and concentrates primarily in the corner, just as pictured in the Amazon photo (the top review reassures that the light fully casts upon the page.)

Why there is so much discrepancy between my experience and that of others? I'd like to hear what your own experience is with it before I return another handful of Amazon products.

Now I'm considering getting the new basic Kindle with the better contrast and I'm looking for a bright, white light similar to that of the Mighty Bright Xflex2, but without the weight and awkwardness of the 3 AA batteries. Any suggestions?

tl;dr: 1) why isn't my lighted cover as good as everyone says it is? 2) which booklight is as bright as a Mighty Bright Xflex2 but is less heavy due to batteries?
Mighty Bright Travel Flex. It's super light weight uses 1 AAA battery that lasts forever. You clip it on the cover of your Kindle. I've had mine for a few years and I use it nightly not to read but for a night light. I own the Xtra Flex2 and that's hubby's night light. It way to clunky but the Travel Flex works great! Cheaper too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote