Thread: MobileRead January 2012 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #62
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
So I did some checking....

There is apperantly 1 copy of The Spy Who Came in from the Cold in my county, 1 copy of the Annotated Lolita, and no copies of Black Rain. Yay

Edited to add: I also looked for The Spy Who Came in from the Cold at the local used book store, and they had just about every other le Carré title, but that one. I didn't bother looking for Lolita, and of course, there was no Black Rain. I allowed myself the caveat of "Depending on price and availability" when I challenged myself to read each and every MR Book Club selection, but I'd hate to miss out on the very first selection of the year.
These are all previous non winners. How good can they be?

My library fairs a bit better for the titles:
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold 14+ copies
Lolita 1 copy, 5 holds
Black Rain 0 copies

I'd purchase Black Rain, the others I probably wouldn't read. Lolita has been on my to read list previously, but it's fallen off. It was on my list because it is almost always in the top ten of every best novels of all time lists.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote