View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 AM   #45
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
When the dictionaries are free or in the public domain, there is no reason not to share them. We will feature dictionaries on our newly designed website.
That will be great. I am expecting my PB on Tuesday and can't wait to get started. Actually all dictionaries, most anyway, should be public domain since the actual information in them hardly varies. Furthermore, as in most other areas these days, there is so much freely available info on the internet that trying to copyright basic knowledge such as definitions, etymologies and translations of individual words seems not only antiquated but even immoral. The only thing that could be proprietary, I would think, would be the format and presentation, but here too the tendency is toward openness, which I think is great. PB seems to have a similar philosophy, concentrating on trying to create the best hardware to handle as many open sources and content as possible, which is one big reason I decided to buy it.

Last edited by mdmorrissey; 05-23-2010 at 04:51 AM.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote