View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #295
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My code supports all the eink kindles in main and diags modes, even the PW with no changes from K5 (but not centered in the higher resolution). I only have a PW1, so if it does not work on a PW2 they must have changed something, and I will need a PW2 to test it. Probably some little change should fix the difference so it works too. Was it tested in diags mode?

Not much time now. I have a bunch of multi-millionaires wanting my time (knowing my time is worth $400 per hour). They are sending me to tradeshows and stuff, making introductions to VIPs in the tech industries, putting money in my paypal account to buy prototyping parts and supplies. A project mixing VR, robotics, gaming, and social networking. I am becoming world famous in the tech sector now. My OLD world-wide fame faded decades ago. At age 60, I am about to start the second half of my life.

I may get back to this if I get bored. For now, email tells me when some threads are posted to here. A site mod gave me about a million in karma for posting here again awhile back, putting me in the lead again, so maybe they think that my being here may bring back some of the traffic that disappeared after I got more active elsewhere (about 10,000 informative and helpful posts). Yeah, people call me a god over at those forums too. I hate that! I do not want to get tacked to a cross, burned at the stake, or lynched! I cannot help it that shrinks said parts of my intellect are too high to measure... But I am vulnerable to predators and dishonest people (most of the same skills and weaknesses as people with Asperger's except with exceptional math skills too, like some idiot savants). Not better than anybody. Just different, perhaps very different (wrongplanet.com different). Everybody is my equal, homeless people, corporate leaders, and kings...

The corporate VIPs from Sony are wondering why I got put in line in front of them at an important function (I was recognized as a VIP more important than them) and they were highly upset. You know, the usual stuff... I am one of the guys with mismatched socks, generous and innocent to a fault, that places like IBM keep in the back room so we can solve the hard stuff, only bringing us out to mix with ordinary folk to quickly solve a problem "normal" experts have been stuck on for a long time. We distract easily by anything of interest, so we are isolated to keep us focused without distractions. Some of us do indeed have Asperger's Syndrome, but I remain undiagnosed. I learned from my father just yesterday that part of my brain may have been damaged at birth, so it grew an overly-high intellect so it could replace the damaged hardwire-reflex stuff with software algorithms running in my "Spock brain" consciousness. Weird, eh? But apparently true...

BTW, the founder of Oculus (just bought by facebook for two billion dollars) wants me to send him my life story, and he said he will read it. Now I just have to write it! I met John Romero (used to be John Carmack's partner), and I am meeting lots of other famous people and getting lots of respect (some literally bowing to me for goodness sake -- it is embarrassing). Kind of unbelievable even to me. I did not know showing my real face to people would make such a hit with all my geekmaster contributions in the VR forums... A true celebrity hugged me and said "nice to meet a fellow celebrity". Hmm...

Good luck guys, and keep on having fun! I still want my eink wall, so I will be back here some day! TTYL

EDIT: I was asked to be CTO at an interesting start-up company that converges on a lot of my interests and experiences, so I could be a perfect fit. In fact, our plans seem to basically revolve around my own ideas, so I hope that leads somewhere nice that can enhance my life savings nest egg. If this doesn't work out, I may regret telling the SpaceX guys they cannot afford me when they said I will be a "perfect fit" with them (I am not interested in Rocket Surgery at the moment). The guy who just got two gigabucks from facebook told me face-to-face that he wants to read my life story, and now some publisher wants it too, so my wife says I should write down some stories from my life every day -- it could take decades (my "condition" makes me so precocious, curious, and takes me places others fear to tread, giving me far too many stories to tell)... I really need an audience while telling my stories, because the words I choose depends on the expressions on their faces). Writing them will be hard and lacks the feeling of companionship I have while telling them in person... Socializing is hard, but people love hearing my stories and beg for more... Where to go from here? Sadly, I have to be really hungry all the time (calorie restriction diet) if I plan to stay healthy the next 60 years of my life...

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-30-2014 at 02:28 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote