View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefolsom View Post
Hi there. Hoping someone else has run across this and knows of a solution:

I would like to download Instapaper articles as an epub. So far I have not managed to do this.

I have a Kobo Mini. Using the browser, I can download epub files from Dropbox with no problems.

But trying to download an epub file directly from Instapaper is a total fail - I click the link and the browser does exactly nothing. (Specifically, I'm visiting http://www.instapaper.com/u, logging in, and then on the right hand side there's a downloads area with an "epub" link).

I know the file format is OK, because if I first move the file into Dropbox it then works fine. It's only downloading directly from Instapaper that doesn't seem to work.

Any leads? All help appreciated! My alternative is to go back to a Sony. Sigh. (Caveat: for various reasons, using Calibre is not a fix for me, so no point suggesting that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
My best guess would be that the instapaper website is not advertising the file as epub using a MIME type. It may be advertising it as a binary blob of some kind. Whereas Dropbox is probably just setting the mime type using the file extension (.epub).

You may be out of luck here. Sorry.
I too would like to be able to download the epub file from instapaper directly with the browswer of my Kobo. I've contacted instapaper's creator so lets hope for a positive response!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote