View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #92
dbj
dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dbj , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Hi, I'm really keen to get going with Obuntu, but I have the same problem as amelco - I can select Update Obuntu from the Obuntu boot menu, but the device reboots after about 30 secs and no installation has taken place. What does happen though, is the SD card is wiped and 3 or 4 new partitions are created - this seems to imply that Obuntu is not installed to internal memory.

I can access the usb serial console, but it is not clear where to go from there.

It doesn't help that the original installer and filessytem image are not available from Dropbox, and the code is not available to browse. I'm sure this problem could be solved with better access.

Having said that, Obuntu has great potential and I fully appreciate the work seaniko has put into it so far.
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote