View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Bobosmite
Enthusiast
Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bobosmite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle-DX
Conversion is removing gaps where it shouldn't

Most of my conversions are .MOBI > .RTF. With almost every conversion, I need to compare with the original to re-insert gaps between paragraphs where the author used a space to separate parts of the story. This is not gaps between every paragraph, just where it's part of the story.

Is there a trick to keep this from happening? I've tried the "insert/remove line" settings and that didn't seem to do anything at all. Does Calibre prehaps convert .EPUB more reliable? I get it that all ebooks are created differently, but this is happening with all my sources.

What really has me stumped is that even though it's removing all these gaps, there are still gaps in other places where they should have been removed if it was following some kind of conversion rule-of-thumb.
Bobosmite is offline   Reply With Quote