View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #23
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Wonderful reader!

I LOVE my new Sony PRS-700. OK, admittedly I only received my Sony yesterday and have never used another reader or even seen one, as there aren't any Sony or Kindle readers sold here. I also have only used it for about 4 hours, three last night and about one today....
A couple of (newbie) points I would definitely like to make though...
When I took it out of the box, the first thing I noticed that there was NONE of the so-called 'glare' that people are complaining about. Upon first critical inspection I thought that I caught a vague reflection of myself, as I was terrified I might, after reading some critical reviews. But after a few seconds I completely forgot about it, while inspecting everything else, and only just remembered about it while writing this post. In short, I don't see any 'glare' whatsoever.
Foggy screen? What foggy screen? Once again, I don't have any other eink reader to compare with, so perhaps it may look foggy to users of the PRS-505, whose screen is apparently crisper.... don't know, but it look more than fine to me.
Smudges on the screen? Oh no! That is so not true. I'm in the middle of a heel-cracking dry winter, and religiously slather my hands and feet with thick lotion every night before snuggling up and reading in bed. Last night was no exception and I totally forgot that my reader was NOT a book OR an iPod. After reading for about half an hour, I suddenly remembered and checked my (BRAND new) device in fear and horror! To my relief, not a single greasy smudge in sight. I turned it every which way - nothing - nada - zilch! Oh, and I was using my fingers to 'turn' pages. None of those long deliberate sweeps, like in the videos. No, just little movements, like turning the page of a paper book and it works anywhere on the screen.
So IMHO it's great and I'm very relieved and happy with my purchase. A smashing device all round!
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote