View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #28
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Just my two cents on this discussion...

I've been a member here at MobileRead for a long time, though I tend to be very low profile unless someone is attacked

I don't have the skills (or time) necessary to build an ebook, let alone a quality ebook (from a technical perspective), so I appreciate the efforts of each and every person who works to build up the Patricia Clark Memorial Library. Through their efforts I have been introduced to many authors I might not have ever read. Some I enjoyed, some not so much, but not one cost me anything beyond my own time and, in most cases, the technical quality was excellent. Regardless, I know that the effort to build an ebook takes more time than it takes me to read one, so I appreciate the efforts that made each ebook possible.

It strikes me as an interesting bit of irony that the library on MobileRead is named after one of its most prodigious contributors, but now major contributors are being attacked because they are making "too many" books. I remember that each of Patricia's books were greeted with thanks, even those that were of limited interest. She gave of herself and we all benefited and appreciated her hard work. Maybe everyone needs to read the Dedication to remind themselves of why the library exists.

For these reasons I am hard-pressed to understand the basic unkindness that denigrates the hard work of the individuals who pour themselves into the effort of saving books for reading electronically, even those books that some may find to be of little worth. To those who want to determine what (and how much) gets added to the library and by whom, may I remind you that you speak only for yourselves. It takes just a couple of minutes to look past those additions you are not interested in, but if you get your way you may be denying the rest of us the opportunity to sample all those little known authors with your self-centeredness.

Last edited by frquixote; 09-27-2013 at 01:02 AM.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote