View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I had similar concerns back when I bought my first reader in 2007 (before that I'd only read a handfull of ebooks on PDA's and PC's). Back then there was no Kindle, no ePub, but there were a lot of formats. What I decided and what still holds true for me is as long as the format is one where it's possible to remove DRM I'll buy it. Back then MS LIT was the only format where DRM could easily be removed (LIT is now dead as a commercial DRM'd format) so that's what I bought. As long as your backups are DRM free you can read your files on pretty much everything with the help of conversion tools like Calibre and others. Calibre is free and takes literally seconds to convert a book, it can also be handy for managing your library.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote