View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
How to change output profile?

Hi!

I've been trying the conversion function of Calibre to create a PDF from a CBZ, to be viewed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. I've been able to create one, and I was happy to find an output profile for the Samsung Galaxy, but was somewhat surprised it was supposed to be for the Galaxy tablet and other devices with a screen size of 1280 x 600 pixels. Surprised because I don't know of any Samsung with a 1280x600 resolution. The Tab certainly doesn't have it, it's resolution is 1024x600, other tablets may use 1280x800, but 1280x600 is unusual. I thought it might be all right, seeing it's for the Samsung Galaxy tablet, but the resulting pages are indeed too high to fit on one page.

The generic tablet profile works, but it doesn't scale the images, and because the original images are quite big, I'd like to the Tab's screen size. The output profile for the Tab scales them, but the page doesn't quite fit the screen, and it stretches the images.

I've been searching for a way to do this, in Calibre and on the forum as well, but I haven't been able to find a way to correct the profile to produce pages that are nicely scaled to fit the screen of the Tab. Is this possible?

Thanks!
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote