View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
As I said, most of those people are not stupid. Some of them actually come to me because they want to learn some of this stuff, so not wanting to expend the mental effort is not (always) the problem. Some really just cannot see the patterns.

Often I see people gleefully hit CTRL-A to select all text in a text document, but then they struggle to get all files selected in a folder. Most of them just never think "Could it be the same as in Word?" and hit CTRL-A.

If I show you how to copy/paste in Notepad, then show you in Word and finally show you that it works between Notepad and Word too, then you shouldn't call me the next day, with the question "How do I copy and paste in Excel?". If your answer to my counter question "Did you succeed doing it in Word or Notepad?" is "Yes", then in my book, you'll be filed under the "People who don't get it" category.

Many people who find computers and software difficult, only use it by running through lists of actions, without actually understanding the concept or pattern of what they are doing. Therefore, to them, copy/paste in Word is different than copy/paste in another program, or when copy/pasting files.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-04-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote