View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #40
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I dunno, I still think they price on the high side, especially with the new Fire HD coming out. I just don't see the iPad 2 16GB at $399 being a great deal in comparison to the 8.9" Fire HD 16GB at $299. It has a bigger screen, but trades off for lower resolution. I just don't see enough benefit from a larger screen without at least comparable resolution to justify the $100 price premium.
Tablets are highly price sensitive. You can't just dismiss the screen size difference as no big deal. What is the price for other 9.7" tablets? And how do they compare to the iPad 2?

In much the same way, I wouldn't be singing the praises of the price of a 9.7" iPad 2 compared to a more expensive Galaxy Tab 10.1 simply based on believing that the screen size/resolution difference is no big deal.

Apple really did shock the tech world with the iPad (particularly with the pricing). First people dismissed it saying that it was simply a larger iPod Touch. Then they made fun of the name. Companies who had similar products in the development pipeline scrapped their plans once the iPad hit the streets.

Although I just a few minutes ago upgraded my KF for the 16GB HD, I don't see the 8.9" model being a particularly good value.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote